Upon completion learners will be able to…
- Quickly establish positive relationships with claimants
- See a claim through the claimant’s eyes and effectively communicate empathy to build trust
- Recognize and deal effectively with different personality types
- Use needs profiling in order to be a consultative adjuster
- Use partnering to drive closure through common goals
- Effectively handle denials
- The New Neighbor
- Overview and Objectives
Part 1: Through the Claimant’s Eyes
- Comfort Zones
- First Impressions
- The Four Personality Styles
- Dealing with Personality Styles
- What’s Your Personality Style?
Part 2: What the Claimant Needs
- Ends, Means and Criteria
- Uncovering Needs
- Developing Needs Profile
- Needs: The Emotional Side
- Fulfilling Emotional Needs
Part 3: Meeting Needs, Settling Claims
- Providing Information
- What to Give
- Partnering in Good Faith
- Key Point Summary
- Definition of Terms
- Final Exam
This course focuses on human relations skills. Adjusters are introduced to the principles of needs-profiling and empathy, and how skill building in these areas can make their job easier and more successful. To interact well with the broad spectrum of people they encounter, adjusters are exposed to a range of predictable personality types, as well as persuasion techniques to deal with each one. Adjusters also learn what information they must give—and obtain—to help the claim process proceed smoothly. Methods of establishing trust and positive rapport are provided, as well as techniques for presenting the benefits of direct settlement and the reality of denials.
PRISMS Course iWorkbooks are supplied as password-access PDF files, and are fully interactive – forms, Q&A’s, quizzes, and all other user input is enabled in the PDF file, which can be viewed and used on any internet-enabled device containing an Adobe Acrobat PDF reader application. Please Note: A standard PDF reader is required; the file will be rendered inactive if launched in an alternate reader such as a web browser or “preview” application.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Purchase for the number of users you expect to need access to the iWorkbook(s). In order to enjoy volume discounts, you may wish to order for users who may not be on-boarded yet; “access slots” can be filled in later on.
2. Submit user data (name and email address) via a simple spreadsheet file provided following purchase, from which file access credentials will be produced and sent to you within one business day.
3. Download a single “master file” of the iWorkbook(s) and distribute to all designated users along with their access credentials.
4. Take credit for amplifying skills, raising professionalism, and improving on-the-job results with proven PRISMS learning!