Get it Done and Still Have Time for You
Eric Barker of Barking Up the Wrong Tree writes for The Week about some tried-and-true principles of productivity, but brings some nuance to them that isn’t often explored. He bases his insights on a friend he characterizes as “insanely productive.” The kicker, though, is that these insights are as much about accomplishing tasks as they are about accomplishing balance.
The 5 Principles are:
- To-do lists are evil. Schedule everything.
- Assume you’re going home at 5:30, then plan your day backwards.
- Make a plan for the entire week.
- Do very few things, but be awesome at them.
- Do less shallow work — focus on the deep stuff.
Do yourself a favor and read the entire piece, it’s well worth it.