Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe 3 styles of negotiation + pros / cons
- Use essential negotiation planning to leverage efficiency and success
- Differentiate between strategies & tactics
- Apply strategies & tactics in actual negotiations
- Counter strategies & tactics used by others
- Employ the best approaches for opening, conducting, and ending a negotiation
- Apply power to bargaining status
- Overcome objections and problems with questioning skills
- Use flexibility to overcome common challenges
- Finalize agreements to insure durability
What is the best method for negotiating durable agreements with agents, brokers, or company personnel? This course identifies the criteria for evaluating negotiation success, examines the three basic negotiating styles, and covers both the basics and the finer points of planning, strategies & tactics, bargaining & concessions, and conducting negotiations. Underwriters learn a comprehensive approach to preparing for negotiations that will help them determine – and reach – their goals.
The Negotiating Planning Worksheet and Three-Tiered Goal Analysis are provided to help underwriters set and prioritize negotiation goals. Effective preparation and appropriate strategies & tactics are only useful if the negotiation itself is well executed. In this course, underwriters also learn the best techniques for opening, maintaining, and closing negotiations with producers and company personnel. They learn how to overcome objections, employ flexibility, and remove common negotiation “road blocks.” By effectively steering the course of a negotiation, the underwriter gains greater control over both the process and the result.
PRISMS Course iWorkbooks are supplied as password-access PDF files, and are fully interactive – forms, Q&A’s, quizzes, and all other user input is enabled in the PDF file, which can be viewed and used on any internet-enabled device containing an Adobe Acrobat PDF reader application. Please Note: A standard PDF reader is required; the file will be rendered inactive if launched in an alternate reader such as a web browser or “preview” application.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Purchase for the number of users you expect to need access to the iWorkbook(s). In order to enjoy volume discounts, you may wish to order for users who may not be on-boarded yet; “access slots” can be filled in later on.
2. Submit user data (name and email address) via a simple spreadsheet file provided following purchase, from which file access credentials will be produced and sent to you within one business day.
3. Download a single “master file” of the iWorkbook(s) and distribute to all designated users along with their access credentials.
4. Take credit for amplifying skills, raising professionalism, and improving on-the-job results with proven PRISMS learning!